11.30.2006

Mission Control


Tadd has been promoting Google Calendar for a long time now but I haven't put my feet into the water until today. I must say I LOVE IT. This by far is the best calendar program I've ever used. The layout is so intuitive and the flexibility is amazing. Prior to today I've used a product called Calendarscope. It has been good but the biggest disadvantage has been the lack of a qualiy collaboration element. Even within many CMS solutions I have yet to find anything as smooth as Google Calendar. You can set up seperate calendars for different areas of life or in my case, ministry. We can have different ministry areas assigned their own calendar and then a "main" calendar for churchwide events. This ensures that we do not overbook and that we are in sync.

If you haven't tried it, give it a shot. Within an hour I think you'll understand me when I say it makes me feel like I'm at Mission control for tasks.

I have it set to SMS me and email me reminders. I can Text appointments to the calendar from my phone, etc. In addition I can run searches on topics of interest and add calendars to my own (Today I added some sports teams and local public events I should be aware of) It's honestly a great and FREE software. Check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I switched to google calendar a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. my friend wrote me an app to download that calendar to my treo...unfortunately it is a 700w. :-)

i just discovered that my mac can download that calendar as well....sweet!

m