8.22.2006

It's not Ridgestone... but it's us

Someone snapped a few shots of our auditorium a few weeks back so I figured I'd let you into my world. We meet in a Cinema Cafe' which is basically a place where you can watch movies and eat. I LOVE the environment as it appeals more to unchurched/dechurched and men. Ladies tolerate it but guys seem to like it. If we win the guys we win the family so I'm all about that.

Prior to service with the house lights dim.
This theater seats about 180 and we use two others (preschool and children). Should God bless us we have a fourth theater we can use for video venues. I'm begging God to have to use it. I love the theater chain we're with and they have 3 other locations in our metroplex so I'd definately see the day when we'll use all of them as God blesses.


If I were attracted to guys, he'd get a double-take.

side note: If I notice that church people are in the audience and appear to have a problem with my style, I highlight it more... Jesus wore sandals... why can't I?


da stage.

We have the curtain to the left where anyone on stage enters and exits. We use the hallway behind the theater. We have two risers in the back currently used for our keyboard and bass with the drums behind a cage to the right on the floor. We have two stages in the front that the lead vocalist and I share. This setup changes from time to time but that's where it is during this last series.

We've also just recently added someone who will begin adding more stage design. I'd love to get pictures from any of you guys of things you've done to help her get her creative juices flowing. She's limited in what she's seen so any Creative worship environment pics would help.

Link: Ridgestone Church's stage
I don't know if Gary has shared publically the huge blessing that Ridgestone got with much of their equipment. After reading this article I pray he does :)

3 comments:

Gary Lamb said...

Looks good dude. I need to find some pictures from when we first started because trust me, our set-up didn't look like it does now.

To be honest our set-up has to be so big because our theatre is so big. We would love to have it simplier but the theater is to big for that.

Email me and remind the blessing we received with most of our equipment and I will share it. I can't remember what the blessing was. :)

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Tally looks great bro!

Kid said...

I like the idea that you wear whatever you feel is comfortable. Living at home again, i'm being forced to dress a certain way just to go to church. I don't like that, so i've sadly stoped going. I havn't found a way to wear what I want to church short of moving out again. Its inspiring to see you wear t-shirt, jeans, and sandles.