6.10.2006

Been a long time / Goings on

Timbaland and Aaliyah had a song out a while back with that hook.

[Timbaland]
It’s been a long time
We shouldn’t have left you
Without a dope beat to step to
Step to, step to, step to
Step to, step to
Freaky-freaky
It’s been a long time
We shouldn’t have left you
Without a dope beat to step to
Step to, step to, step to
Step to, step to
Freaky-freaky, baby girl uh




Okay... that was pointless except to say that is what I think about when I come back to the blog after being away for a while. To some guys the blog can be a slave driver. For some it's even caused them to throw in the towel. The pressure to have something great to say each time out leaves one feeling like a freelance reporter without the paycheck. I on the other hand have been fortunate enough not to take blogging that way. Fortunately I don't feel pressured to make announcements when I'm stepping out... It may be because I have such fantastic readers! [[shameless I know]]

Well what's been going on with me lately?

Kristy and I bought our house almost 4 weeks ago and we've lived here about three. The experience has been overwhelming to a degree. We're not yet finished unpacking (and tossing junk that needs tossing) but we hope to finish tomorrow or early this week. As you know, a move also eats away at your cashflow as you find all sorts of things you 'need' that apparently you didn't 'need' before. Finally with the house we've felt a bit in awe and thankful. We are overwhelmingly greatful for the house and how everything came about. We're looking forward to hosting people and events as we continue meeting more of our neighbors.

For those who don't know:
Kristy and I ended up buying a decent-sized condo. It honestly doesn't feel at all like a condo because of the layout and size. The thing about it is that we almost bought another one in the center of the community that was being sold by the children of an older lady. It was definately a fixer-upper. The living room had an entire wall of mirror. It needed much work. In our area however it was something that we could get into and at least begin the joy of home ownership. We put an offer in. Well, a few days later we found that we were outbid on this house and we refused to go higher so we lost that one.

Our realtor immediately came across our current home which is in the same community but at the exit and was owned by a navy surgeon and his wife who were in their mid-fourties. Apparently the wife took amazing care of the place and upgraded every detail of the home. The kicker? They were asking LESS than the place that we were outbid. God was obviously choosing to bless us and we've been so incredibly thankful these last few weeks. Honestly the home was in such great condition that all we did was paint a few rooms to our liking and that's it. We love the place and cannot get over how blessed we feel.

So that's where my mind has been lately. I've spent much of this week looking back on my life and seeing where I've come from and looking forward through the eyes of my son and seeing where life will take him. There are times in the midst of it all that I get frustrated and even angry that I can't see progress in some areas of life but then I repent and thank God for where he's already brought me.

I'm a poor kid from Baltimore who God (for his own reason) has chosen to bless. With all of my being I just want to extend that blessing to the world around me. I want people to encounter the creator and live the life I've been fortunate enough to live.

That's a little of what's been on my mind.

Everyone have a great Sunday morning... I'll talk to ya later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I am dating myself but if they rapped that then they were quoting Eric B and Rakim in their landmark song "You know I got soul" it came out around 1988.
It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you
Without a strong rhyme to step to
Think of how many weak shows you slept through
Time's up, I'm sorry I kept you


There can be a blog trap that makes us think we have to be theologians to post. I enjoy reading about how people are functioning in Christianity not just thesis writing.

Keep on blogging!