2.20.2006

7 months today and teaching me God-lessons

My little boy turned 7 months today.

Caleb is an amazing kid. I was having lunch with another church planter in our area today and I brought Caleb along... my friend looked at me toward the end of the meal and said "Man... this is the best baby I've ever seen..." He was referring to Caleb's content demeanor. Caleb is a chill baby and really only grunts or whines if something is really wrong. (Even if he wasn't that way I'd love him... it's just cool)

Last night we were sitting on the couch and Kristy had Caleb on her lap. I had my feet up on the coffee table and Caleb reached down to touch my toe. He grabbed my toe and then looked at his own feet. He let go of my foot and grabbed his own... It was so cute! Kristy put her foot up and sure enough, Caleb grabbed her foot.

It was so wonderful to see him in discovery mode. To see him connect the dots between my feet and his. This is part of the awe and wonder I think we lose as adults. This is why we MUST keep discovering as adults. READ!!!! Explore!!! Scuba Dive... do something!
Because each time you do something new and you have that "ahh haaa" moment... you get closer to God. You say "wow.... Abba (daddy) I see the connection now..." It's in these moments when he's magnified in our eyes and when our world becomes a little larger and smaller at the same time.

Talk to Abba today... thank him for all of the things you've yet to discover about Him and about this world he's placed you in... about yourself... about your family... the joy of discovery is an exciting road ahead in your life... and with it comes the child-like faith for which our Daddy longs.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Tally my little boy is a week off being six months old and I know what you mean - it opens up an incredible vista of understanding of God the Father. It blows me away!

Eric Wright said...

My daughter is turning six this week. I have learned more about God's love for me through her than any seminary class I took. The time goes so fast. One minute they are six and seven months, the next they are six years old.