1.24.2006

Mr. Personality

There was a song out in the days of my youth called "Mr. Personality". The lyrics went "They call you Mr. Personality... You're so ugly!"

I have no real reason for sharing that except that when I thought of the topic for this thread the idea of personality came to mind... then with it the song...

Okay... confession over...

These last few days I've observed my son (now 6 months) glow with personality. He is honestly one of the cutest babies I've ever seen (prejudiced or not) and he has the most captivating smile. Lately he's added to that smile a bit of charm. He's laughing and acting goofy to draw attention. At times he lays and looks upwards as he blows hard with his tongue out making a 'farting' sound as saliva flies all over the place. Once he has your attention he just laughs. Another favorite lately is staring intently at his frog "Baby Tad" and then leaping forward with his mouth wide open as he attempts to bite Tad's eye/ear/hand, etc.

As I've observed him today I couldn't help but to think of the One I've called 'daddy' all of my life. You see, my earthly father bailed on me when I was born. I never had a great relationship with my step-father so I've never had that earthly dad I aim to be for my son. All my life I've read the scripture and truly saw God as my 'dad'. Anyway, I couldn't help but to consider how my heavenly father views me. You see, I thought to myself "Caleb wasn't even around 6 months ago. Now he's doing things that are on his own that bring me joy and smiles. I would not have had these particular smiles without him in my life. His being has affected my being in an amazing way.

I want to live my being to please my father's being. I want my 'Daddy' to smile when he sees me. I'm positive that God has a terrific sense of humor. I know he gets a kick out of me and my goofy behavior. I'm even certain that at the times when I try to bite things I shouldn't eat he laughs and says "Ohh son... you're so funny!"

I wish the world saw that side of my Jesus. I want to show Him to them.

No comments: