1.26.2006

If you're ADD or have 50 things on your desktop, read this

Okay, so I admit it... my desktop has about 35 different icons on it. I have a folder labeled "ORGANIZE"... guess what one folder within that "organize" folder is.... Yeah... it's called "Newest to clean up".


Needless to say, I (from time to time-about once a month) have to go through and clean out my desktop as if it were my wallet (I tend to store receipts in my wallet for about a month)... or like my bedroom in middle school (I'm happy to say that I've grown out of the messy house habit)

So anyway, I came across a great tool via the IT guy at Granger Community Church, Jason Powell. The tool is a desktop note-taker called EverNote. Here is the link: Link

I'm not smart enough to give you the explanation it deserves but here is a teaser. It stores a running list of notes. Notes from sites you like, notes like a to-do list, it will even take parts of a document and store the part and a link back to the document (no matter where you save it).



This brings me back to why my desktop looks like WWIII took place on my screen. I tend to keep files open if I think "I'll need to come back to that soon." Although I have layers of folders and I have a home network... I still don't' want to 'forget' about some things. I'm now hoping that this little FREE tool will be able to calm me in my moments of weakness.

I'll be okay, I promise.

No comments: