11.22.2005

The Mo' is coming...

Today has been another day of positive momentum as we move forward as a church. I revealed much of the 3 month plan to our leadership team tonight and we seemed to be on the same page. Everyone is pumped and ready to tackle the challenges we have ahead of us.

We're basically going to spend the next few months raising some capital (cash, paper, dinero, etc.) and retraining our church effectively as if we were a core starting the church. None of the people we have today were with us 18 months ago when the church launched (and many weren't with us a year ago).

Some Pastors get to a planting location and spend a year building a core. I'm effectively treating our first 18 months as the building of a core. Now I'm turning my efforts toward encouraging and equipping them to (re)launch this church the way it should have been done at the beginning (if I were more wise and had more resources).

It's going to be a great few months. We're going to continue holding services but we're effectively demanding that everyone rise up with us. The bar is set higher and to be honest just about everyone is responding better than I could have asked.

I had one couple the other day tell me "Tally, I bet you lost some finances when those families left." I said "Yep" What they said next made my day. They said "We were just talking about how refreshing it is to see you as a Pastor lead without being controlled by people with money."

I can't tell you how awesome it was to hear those words. God is doing some amazing things in the lives of our people. I thank you for your prayers and continue to ask you to pray for us as we move forward with this transition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tally, I get excited just reading this post. Your passion is contagious. I think you've got a really great idea here. Mark Driscoll, from Mars Hill in Seattle, has said at numerous church planter trainings "Never stop gathering people. Never get out of core group phase. Each phase of your church is simply training a core group to launch into the next phase." At the time he said that, he had a church of 3000 and said "I've just got a bigger core group now".

We are in a very similar place right now, and I'd love to chat some about what you're doing. Shoot me an email if you're interested in talking some - bill@kaleohouston.com