10.31.2005

Lasting Impressions


We have a ministry team set up for "Lasting Impressions". This is our 'follow up' arm of the impressions process. We don't sweat people to death but we do offer them a small gift as a way to say "Thank You".

This wrapped basket includes:
- a church-branded coffee mug
- a Starbucks drink
- two types of teas
- two types of coa-coa (for winter)
- Biscotti
- small snickers bar

This is dropped off at the home with a letter signed by me just to let people know that we've appreciated having them in our service.

This project ends up costing us less than $5 per family and I believe is money better spent on outreach than the initial marketing. These are people who've already made the effort to walk through your doors. If you can demonstrate a quality service and follow up by letting them know you appreciated their visit, you'll retain guests. We've seen people return because of our 'Lasting Impressions' team.

I try to convey an attitude of love but not desperation and it's worked thus far. I got a letter this past week from a young couple who said they "expected to be hounded but Focal Point gave us a balance of love and space." This is what we're aiming for with our follow up. We want them to feel appreciated but we also want them to know that we're not desperate... we know the church is God's church and people are His people.

Anyway... I thought I'd share an idea with those of you in the churchosphere.

3 comments:

Phil Gerbyshak said...

This is great stuff Tally. This is what we're trying to do at our litle church here in Milwaukee as well, though just the coffee cup thus far. Hopefully in '06 we can do the rest. Thanks for sharing!

Johnny Leckie said...

"First Impressions" and "Lasting Impressions" Teams. Truly inspired!

"Balance of love and space" - That's just great stuff.

Thanks for the fresh spin on follow up!

Tadd Grandstaff said...

Tally very cool idea....I am always taking notes...stealing ideas from everybody....you know my journey thus far is preparing me for my "own" adventure down the road...well I say my "own" but I think you catch my drift....keep me posted on what your feedback is on "First Impressions"