9.06.2005

Thoughts from Rest

Today I spent "Labor Day" resting. I've often thought it funny that in America we celebrate our ability to work by having a day when we don't work.



Anyway, I took today to rest and spend with my son. Caleb and I spent most of the day together while mommy and his aunt (mommy's sister) went to the beach.

Caleb and I did lots of cool stuff like talked baby talk and walked around the house and cleaned up spit and smiled at each other. It was grand. It seems silly but I enjoyed doing basically 'nothing' by adult standards with my son. Even though he doesn't know it or have the ability to acknowledge it back to me, I love my son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks great. Congratulations on your beautiful son. Make sure to spend lots of time with that special little guy!

Kevin Payne said...

Cool! I spent time with my son on our day off too. Being a dad is just about the best feeling in the world.