8.15.2005

Tally's Honest Take

If you're not into politics or sports you may want to skip this post. I admit it, I'm venting. You don't have to agree or disagree. Maybe I'm having therapy.

Tally's honest take on T.O.: Grow Up
As a matter of disclosure I should tell you that the 49'rs were my favorite football team until the Ravens were brought to Baltimore (my home town) so now I have one team in each conference. Both teams had to put up with Terrel Owens' antics so I'm now tripply over him.

History: (details here)
Last year Terrel wanted out of San Francisco and he neglected to inform the NFL of his declaration to be a free-agent in time so San Francisco sent him packing to Baltimore. Owens, in a cry-baby move said he won't play in Baltimore and he ended up getting a quicky contract from his (then) friends, the Eagles. The contract was a $49 million contract.

This year Terrell began to complain that he can't feed his family on $49 million. He wants a new contract. This is why I want to tell Terrell to grow up.

He wears army fatigues to practice as a way to show that he's at war with management while we have real men and women dying for the freedoms that he uses to look like a selfish baby. That's another reason he needs to grow up.

Terrell has a problem with authority. He's never gotten along with his coaches and he seems to find a way to have problems with his quarterbacks (part of the reason he didn't want to come to Baltimore). He should grow up.

Done with T.O. Thanks for reading.

Tally's honest take on Cindy Sheehan: Please go home
History: Cindy Sheehan is the mother of a fallen soldier Casey Sheehan who was killed in April of 2004. She has been protesting outside of President Bush's Crawford, TX ranch. She's demanding a meeting with the President. Some media are not reporting that she's already met with the President in June of 2004.

To start let me say that she has every right to do what she's doing. She's got every right to be upset and I'm sure the loss of her son is extremely painful.

The reasons I'd prefer to see Mrs. Sheehan go home are the following:
- Her own family is falling apart from this. She's hurting herself. Reports today indicate that her husband has now filled for divorce. They were High School sweethearts but apparently this is breaking their family apart. Go home for your family.

- President Bush is not who to blame. The Congress of the United States voted to go to war. She should be in D.C. visiting every member of Congress. She's calling President Bush a murderer. Her misguided anger is hurting her cause. She'd be more productive working on Capitol hill.

- Her son was not murdered by any American. Mrs. Sheehan is mad at the President but to a person, all reports indicate that her son was proud of his mission of freeing people around the world. She should go home and honor her son's memory. Remember, we have a volunteer military.

Tally's honest take on Iraq: Let's remember our history.
History: This post is not about for/against the war. Today the Iraqi lawmakers were given 7 more days to come up with a draft constitution. I've heard some people whining and saying that this is a failure for the process. I say to them... Remember our history.

This great country (all-be-it not perfect) has always been growing. Does anyone realize that it took 8 years for our country to have a fully ratified constitution? Does anyone remember slavery? Civil war? Women's suffrage? Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement?

To think that we're going to set 22 million people free and expect them to have a photo copy of our governmental structure within 24 months is absolutely ludicrous. Let's give them time and pray for our troops and their freedom. Let's remember our own history and allow the Iraqi people to stand up for themselves.

1 comment:

praynlady said...

Tally, I have to agree with you. Especially about Terry. I just wish I could deal with 49$mil. haha I could not only feed my family, but the neighbors and some of my county! How many family members is he trying to feed anyway?! I also agree with you about Cindy. However, this I can tell you, she is not thinking clearly. She is trying to find peace. When your child dies, you are so deeply into the denial and anger that things get all jumbled up in your head. She does need to let it go now though and deal with the family she has that is still alive. This is not an easy task. And some people wonder what happens when a child is killed, that causes so many divorces. We need to pray for her to find peace and let go of the anger. I have added her to my prayer list as well as her family.