8.01.2005


(Caleb and Daddy's hands)

I got a few emails and comments asking if the hands on the post below were those of my son and myself. They were not. I loved the idea however and went ahead and took a similar picture.

I love being a dad. Although, in his first 12 days of life my wife has been doing most of the work (Biologically I cannot feed him). I jump in to change diapers when I can and in the evenings I cuddle him, talk and read with him.

As any good parent should, I've already set down my expectations with him and I think we've come to an understanding. I expect him to crawl next week and walk the following week. I figure by September we should be playing Tee-ball.

2 comments:

Mitch Corn said...

ok I'm really impressed as to how close that you were able to make the picture of you and Caleb look to the other one in your post. Isn't it amazing that those very fingers were hand crafted by God and put under your guidance. Wow! I love being a believer, it makes life so exciting and vivid.

Kevin Payne said...

Those are some good expectations. I was a little disappointed with the new rules the NBA is enforcing. Now little Joshua will have to go to college for a year before he is drafted #1. Oh well. If you ever get a chance to catch "Sports kids moms and dads" on Bravo, that will scare those expectations right out of you! There are some truly scary people out there.