8.24.2005

Busy Week

I've been traveling a bit this past week as well as visiting with my friend John. He's up from Texas and I've kept him in a 'working vacation' mode all week.

I'm going to be traveling today and tomorrow as well.

This past week at Focal Point we had our first ever membership Sunday. We've moved our "membership" to "Partnership". I heard many comments Sunday such as "Wow, I never thought of it that way." One guy said "I've heard a few speals about membership but that makes a lot of sense.

I wonder how often we forget that people in our churches don't know what we know and many times will not think the way we think.

Communication is underrated.

2 comments:

Mitch Corn said...

"Membership to Partnership", I love it. I don't know the details of this whole concept, but I dig the name change, it really portrays what joining the church is all about. Keep me updated!

praynlady said...

Tally, my husband and I were just talking about this yesterday. I had asked him a question about our church and then followed it with, "if we are the church isn't that a partnership?" " Are we not THE CHURCH?" I love the way you put it though and will have to share that with Paul. Thanks.
Colleen