3.08.2005

Show Me Your Glory

Third Day has a song of that title. It echoes my heart.

Do you ask God to show his Glory? Do you think that he is actually showing his glory every day?

Through the breath you breathe, through the lives of others, through our relationships with others?

God is constantly at work revealing himself to me (and you). He's not trying to hide. Romans 1:20 says that his invisible qualities can be found in the work of creation. He sent Christ as a physical manifestation and he gave us His Spoken word via scripture. God is always at work revealing himself.

I met a 10th grader named Gavin last night at a local coffee shop. Apparently he had heard about our church through some friends from school and wanted to ask me about ministry and share what God is doing in his life. I had just finished pre-marital counseling, had a trip to Best-Buy coming up and plans to play basketball (all of this was around 8pm and basketball started at 9pm). Obviously at that moment my schedule and attitude wasn't interested in more talking. However I could not help but to talk to Gavin because of his enthusiasm and passion for Christ. He shared with me how he was saved and all God has done to bring some young people into a bible study under his care. He shared some of his thoughts on scripture and worship all with a big smile on his face.

Gavin wants to be a Pastor. He wanted to talk b/c he wanted to hear from someone who is where he prays he will one day be. I'm nothing special at all. I'm so broken and insufficient. I have insecurities at times, I question things at times, I constantly have to 'die to self'. But this teen wanted to talk with me.

God showed me his glory last night at a coffee shop. He reminded me again of my calling and passion. He showed me how he's moving in other lives outside of my little church. He reminded me that he doesn't need me. He remdinded me again how big he is! God is huge.

My encouragement to you to today is for you to go to God today and say "God, Father, SHOW ME YOUR GLORY!" (and then after you pray, look for it... He'll gladly answer)

No comments: