3.04.2005

It's a BOY!

We found out this morning that the child growing within Kristy's womb is a little baby boy.

His name will be Caleb.

Names used to be pretty significant in biblical times. They were used as much to describe and inspire as they were to distinguish.

Caleb means "Faithful, Bold". Upon selection of this name, it's obvious that we're looking at the biblical account in the book of Numbers for inspiration. I wanted to chose a name that my child could look at as encouragement from his parents. This name (in my view) gives our son some idea of what our desire for him is in life. Even as he looks to scripture to see some positive actions of Caleb in the bible, he will find a big moment that is somewhat defining for what I want to communicate to my son.

Numbers 13:30
30 Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tally!

I'm proud for you. It's exciting to hear of such a great enthusistic servant having a child!

http://www.wordonwomack.com/2004/11/its_a_boy.html