2.27.2005

It's all worth it!

I spent this week preparing for today's service. The worship guides, the message, the music, video, powerpoint, purchases, meetings, practices and so many more hours of time went into this week's service.

We had several guests today and one man gave his life to Christ. After the service he shared with me that an illustration (not in my notes) is what caught is heart. I said "When you've fallen off of the ship it doesn't matter if you're separated from your rescue by an inch or a mile... You're still separated." My message was that we all are in need of forgiveness and it doesn't matter how close you are to being 'good' you and I still and always will need the salvation brought to us by Christ.

This came up in a message about marriage when I spoke about the 5 love languages by Gary Chapman (by God via Gary Chapman).

All of the work I listed above IS WORTH IT. A man's eternal destiny was changed today through the power and prompting of the Holy Spirit encouraged by the faithful work of God's people. It's all worth it!

No comments: