2.15.2005

God of the Mundane

My day today looks full but ordinary. As I look at what remains for me to do today nothing jumps out and screams "EXCITEMENT". In a time when we all are looking for the next eye-popping moment or creating the next "Wow" event we so often overlook the mundane, the ordinary, the everyday-life times.

Today I want to see God in the mundane. I don't want to acquire fire or x-treme my life. I want to notice God in the everyday average.

I have Cademon Call's CD in my car. Yesterday I heard a verse that I think is so incredible. He says "they say I can find you in a flower but I need you in my car."

You see, the flower is abstract and it takes some juices to get flowin' before you "see God" through his handy-work of the flower (which we all should be in to doing). There are however the mundane drives when we need to see God. There are the errands we run, the practices we take our kids to and the couch times we have with our families. These are the times we must see God. God is so amazing so huge and so powerful yet we limit him to big events or super spiritual quiet times.

I want to see the God of the mundane.

No comments: