7.05.2003

Don't Waste Your Life
This statement has been ringing through my mind for the last several months as I've contemplated my passions and future. I'm learning more of what it's like to be completely satisfied in God. Not in GOD's love... not even in God's grace... but simply, yet profoundly... IN GOD. Focusing our life to be completely satisfied in Knowing GOD for who GOD is.. is much more difficult than loving any attribute or result of Him. I desire to make my heartbeat beat in the same pattern as that of my GOD. If I'm able to crawl up into the lap of my God and rest in who HE IS... abandoning all that I am or need to be, I find complete peace and satisfaction...

I only pray that I die to self daily and pick up my 'cross' all the while thinking 'Don't waste your life Tally... Don't waste it'. What is wasting my life? Finding Satisfaction in ANYTHING ELSE besides God himself. I can find satisfaction in everything I enjoy as long as I keep in mind that it is only because of Christ do I have the freedom to enjoy such things. I can enjoy my marriage fully and with right perspective IF I enjoy it through realizing that I'm free from chasing worthless things b/c of Christ and therefore I can find greater joy in my marriage b/c of Christ. Everything I'm about can now find complete joy and satisfaction all because of first WHO GOD IS... My life is a waste but to find satisfaction in Christ.

Satisfied in HIM...

No comments: