6.24.2003

Take Time
I did not blog from MD and I have good reason. Those who know me know that I get quiet during times of deep thought. Due to the fact that I go through periods of such thought, it's not all that strange that my blog looks like Swiss cheese... has the shape, but with lots of holes.
Taking time this week has been my theme. I took time to pray, think, study, and listen to wisdom and stories of others who have walked before me. I thirst for wisdom.
I had some pretty deep decisions to make in my life. God is forever faithful.
Some of what I've learned or was reminded:

- God is sovereign: man cannot in any way alter God’s plans for my life. As Jonah, Moses, Abraham (with Isaac), etc; I can see where God's will was done regardless of man's plans. Prov. 3:5-6 comes to mind.

- Risk for God is mandatory for the fully-used life. A life that's truly given to God is a life that longs for nothing more than complete satisfaction and joy in God. Risk is looking at a fear and choosing God and His plan even though you don't know the outcome. The 3 in the fire (Shad, Mish, and Abind); Ester; Paul are just a few examples of the faithful who made risks when they KNEW God had called them to do something. Risk is inherent to the man/woman who has sacrificed normalcy for the life-ride that is Christ. 'For me to live is Christ and to die is GAIN' If we can truly embrace Paul's passion... there is NO RISK that is too large.

- Patience and search for Wisdom is a sign of maturity for a reason. God doesn't need stupid people chasing wild dreams. He needs men and women who are totally given over to him. God is a God of order and a God of wisdom. A part of my future rests in seeking out some of the growth that is needed for me to step out on faith completely having said 'Lord, I've been faithful and stepped into your preparation... I'm doing this solely because I believe it lines up with your passion.'

- The end game is always God. I'm reading an incredible book by a new favorite Author John Piper. Actually I'm reading 2 of his books 'Desiring God' and 'Don't Waste Your Life'. What a title! Don't waste your life is exactly what I have heard in the back of my mind all of my life. I have come to discover that my life is a complete waste as long as I'm away from God. I can be away in every area or one area of my life and I'll come up short. My complete heart's desire is to Know God and become completely satisfied in Him. I desire to make my life count for the only one worthy of doing the counting! My heart's cry is to find complete Joy in the ONE who created even Joy itself. With this frame of mind, the bible speaks to me in so many new ways. Pauls words are like a megaphone when you read with this heart's passion.

- True worship is both with the mind and with the heart. Many places today you will find worship that is either so intellectual that it looks dead or so emotional that the people look foolish.... True worship takes complete mind's devotion and complete heart's attention and places them in the blender that is the Heart of God. The resulting drink is an overflowing shake of passion, awe, wonder, holiness, brokenness, joy, splendor, and every other adjective that is our God. We can then take this drink and savor it. Spend time 'swishing it around our mouths' allowing us to pick apart every ingredient that is complete worship.

No comments: