6.08.2003

I'd give it a '9'
Today was a pretty good day for the life of Tally Wilgis.

Spoke this morning to the teens about 'Building our Worldview'. Talked about the fall of man and how that fall has led us for an ever-reaching search for joy and fulfillment. It's cool to see the eyes of kids open wide when it hits them.

My wife is an honest critic. I find myself asking how my message was. She's honest and fair. Today she said 'I loved it, I'd give it a 9'. Because my wife loves me so much she hasn't given me anything below a 6 so I have to translate everything on a 1-5 scale. So today's 9 was about a 4. She's a good woman.

It was also encouraging today to spend some time with my adult leadership. We grabbed lunch and then took a look at our ministry plan as we begin to 'reload' this summer and get at it again. Summer has been time of growth for my ministries these last two years. I just look at it as a time to go get the students while they're available. They're even more apt to go to 'church' events when they don't have sports, school and the ever illusive popularity ladder to climb.

My afternoon was short as we had a breath-taking 1.5 hours between our staff meeting and our 'Sonlight University' (growth classes). Hershel asked me to do the first 1/3 of his 101 class as he attended the bacalauret(?) of his oldest daughter who's graduting Thursday. The time with those adults was awesome. As much as I love seeing Students 'get it', I even love more the adults. They've been around the block and most of them havn't ever heard how God's plan meets their specific needs. We had about 15 new members join today b/c of 101. I really enjoyed the time spent with them and being able to teach them biblical truth.

After Hershel arrived, I was able to skip on over to my own 301 class where I sat under the direction of Steven Wales, our worship guy. This is the class dealing with your 'Shape'. I found out nothing new about myself but enjoyed the company. We had a funny group of people. Learning can be enjoyable and Steven did a good job keeping everyone on task in the midst of the humor. Kudos to Steven.

As the class ended and we were talking in the halls of the Foster's. Terri (F) asked if I was having problems with the Geo (my car). I said yeah but I'd be taking it into the shop tomorrow. She offered me the use of one of her vehicles. I first declined and was about to leave when she showed Steven one of the cars I turned down. It is a 1969 VW Bug. She uses it for fun. She then offered again and I said 'SURE'. How many times will a person get to drive a 69 Bug these days? It's more for the experience than the necessity. Anyway, I have a mint-green Bug sitting in my driveway. My wife just smiles and rolls her eyes as I tried to 'pick her up' while she's driving our jeep home.

Anyway. Today was a good day. Nothing extremely super-spiritual. Just enjoyed serving God, being with God's people and enjoying God's creation. I'd give it a '9'. :)

No comments: