4.29.2003

The depth of God
One of the things that drives me is the ever-present realization that my current life is just one second from the rest of eternity. There is a balance between (1) always knowing your life is on the edge of forever and (2) getting so caught up with the thought of the next life that you don’t' make much of an impact with this one. I haven’t taken a survey but I'd be willing to propose that true leaders in Christianity have had a great grasp of these two realizations. Knowing that your life is nothing (compared to God) and yet realizing that your life is in fact everything (compared to the task). My life is all I have to offer the Kingdom.
The trick is taking what is so well known to me and other Christian leaders and etching it into the lives of those who desire to be called 'disciples'. In the life of Christ I see things that are simple... getting forgiveness from God through Christ or getting served by Christ... but one thing that was never mentioned as easy was the concept of being a true disciple. Live with ridicule from the world and yet maintain a burning passion in your heart to see those same people come to realize and Know their God...
disciple...

No comments: