2.15.2003

A recent line of thoughts republished:
Today has been a great day of ministry. (writers note: sorry for the length, but I had a lot to be excited about today)
I got to meet with the Young Life guy here in Chesapeake. Our conversation led through apologetics, discipleship and most aspects of youth ministry. This afternoon I worked primarily on getting our new Leadership sections of the IgniteStudents.com website up and running.

As I mature, I look at training and leadership development and discipleship with more passion.

Jesus not only called us to evangelize, but to 'make disciples'. If we understand a disciple to be a 'follower of Christ', this implies more than simple evangelism. Making a disciple is a process and requires much more than the latest technique to share the good news.

I also am burdened for training. Training is vital to any organization. I believe that God has gifted me to do things to be successful, but if I keep them to myself we will only add disciples as a ministry. If I can train others, however, we will multiply disciples as a ministry. I prefer to be a part of an organization which multiplies rather than adds. Discovering new ways to train others (such as our new leaders portion of our site) who work with us is something tha excites me.

Finally, a close friend of mine, John Smith (yes, that's his real name) shared with me an excerpt of a discussion he recently had with someone regarding the church and how the church is basically a 'living organism'. An ever-growing body of believers. This is similar to what we have discussed in 'grow' as one of our 5 purposes here at Ignite. Healthy things grow! Discipleship is vital to Ignite. It is vital to our personal growth and to the growth of our Student Ministry. I pray God will continue to break us and make us ever-learning of Him.

Imagine a community of believers where everyone is completely surrenedered to every truth known about God...

No comments: