5.28.2009

Feeling Blessed

I'm humbled at what God is doing in my life and our work here in Baltimore. I truly believe He has opened up opportunities and given provision I don't deserve. That's why I'm confident in what He is doing here.

I'm thankful for my family and how God has provided for us as we transitioned from Virginia to Maryland almost seamlessly. I'm thankful for my wife who has sacrificed beyond measure to join me in this crazy calling to bringing the gospel to Baltimore. While we still are attempting to sell our house in VA, all other aspects of this transition have come off without a hitch and much of that credit goes to a strong woman of God named Kristy.

I'm grateful for the friends who have come along to encourage me, give me advise and speak wisdom into my life. This season of preparation for launch has given me a much needed time of recalibrating and growth I have come to appreciate.

I'm grateful for the network God has allowed me to have. I'm humbled and honored to have so many great men and women of God not only know about me but take time to talk with me at conferences, online or via phone. I often find myself and in conversation with friends who are several levels from where I am right now in ministry but I've gained strength from their belief in me and confidence enough to even pull me aside and ask for my advice. I laugh inside but I'm always glad to help if I can.

I'm grateful for the people we've been able to know in Baltimore already. Coming home gives me the advantage of knowing the culture and knowing my way around. What it doesn't do is give me favor automatically with anyone. I'm so thankful to have gotten to know several local families who want us to succeed. I'm thankful to be getting to know my neighbors and excited that they've taken an interest in what we're up to. I'm thankful for the dozens of college students who I've gotten to know who are anticipating God breaking Heaven open on this town.

I'm thankful for the word of God that gives us the instruction we need, the inspiration we thirst for and the power to impact the culture. Studying the bible with a longing to make an impact on a city has a way of transforming that time. Reading God's word with no intent to make an impact may be the fastest way to kill your soul. I've been reminded that this feeling of dependency and expectation is there for everyone who would chose to embrace God's word as a charge for today and not history about days gone by.

I'm thankful for the various partners who have come to our side to show their support not only with word but with deed. The mission teams who have come and are coming as well as the financial partners who are sacrificing from their own budgets to make this vision a reality. We have a partnership from some of the biggest names in Christianity to some names that will never be known. Every single one of them are vital to this mission and every single one have boosted our moral and given us encouragement to move forward.

I'm grateful to the 7 summer missionaries who are all college students coming to serve with us this summer. Four of these students are students at the local Towson University, one is moving to the area for this and two others are guys who have requested to live down in East Baltimore near our inner city location so they can minister to the community on their 'down time'. I'm inspired by these men and women who God has called to partner with us for the next 3 months. I pray I can invest in them the way they have already invested into me through observation of their actions.

I'm thankful for you readers who continue to encourage me by supporting our work. Your emails of encouragement go a long way. Thank you for following along (and for reading this long post). I have a lot to be thankful for. You are counted among that number.

If you're interested in finding a way to partner with what God is doing here please visit any one of the following sites:

TheBaltimoreProject.com
TheVBSProject.com
KidMissionaries.com
ItsAChurch.com
CaptivateChurch.com

No comments: