8.14.2006

No more pizza?

"My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas"

When I was in elementary school I recall this phrase being trumpeted by our science teacher as a way to know each of the nine planets. Apparently I'm finding out in my old age that we've never really known if there was actually nine. Pluto has been debated for a long time and a few years ago scientists discovered a much larger object that is further away than Pluto.

The fun part of this story for me is that scientists do not have a definition for "what is a planet?"

We have to teach Christian students that science describes what God did and as such, needs to be given time to come up with a theory. The bible doesn't have to be re-written every decade or so. It's comforting to know.

Here's the story.

No comments: