2.04.2006

A win... almost

Our kids did a fantastic job today! We scored 22 points. The only problem was that the other team also scored 22 points. So, a tie.

Some fun facts:
- We played against our local weather man. Yeah... the opposing coach (who is pretty intense by the way, is one of our local TV weather guys)

- Our kids scored 22 after last week we scored 6. Vast improvements.

- We still couldn't play defense outside of the box (paint) but we did play pretty well anyway.

- The weatherman complained about 5 different times.

- The weatherman tried told one of my girls "scoot closer to shoot" right before he then told on of his players... "step out and take the ball from her"

- The game was 20-20 with 21 seconds left. I called timeout when we had the ball at the top. I drew up a play to get a kid who hadn't shot most of the game the last shot. It worked to perfection and the little guy scored!!!! with 4 seconds left.

- Weatherman called timeout and brought his kids up. They passed it to a shooter, shot, missed, rebound, shot at buzzer... went in. (The buzzer sounded with the ball in his hand but I'm a Pastor and it'd look pretty stupid for me to whine about it... the kids are 2nd and 3rd grade).

- So our team goes away without a loss and having played so much better! I'm very excited for them.

I'm coaching this league to meet and get to know more families in our community. Pray that I'm able to be a positive witness to each of these families. They all seem to be great and I'm looking forward to getting to know them more this year!

No comments: