5.19.2005

Sympathy for the Dark Side

Tonight we took about 16 students to see Star Wars III.

Overall I must say that I enjoyed this movie more than the prior two in the latest series. The critics were right when they said that this film targets a little older audience than the other two previous films. I understood the efforts to get a younger generation involved by making the previous movies more entertaining to young children but it was an akward mix which has now been corrected with this latest film.

Political Lines?:
The two lines I've read about which may be taken as "anti-Bush" actually could be taken that way. I cannot say with an extreme amount of certainty but I can see how someone would possibly take those lines as political references.

Tie In:
This movie does a good job in my mind of tying back in with the origional episode 1 (or 4 if you are counting). The viewer understands how everything works together and I for one was left feeling somewhat sorry for Darth Vader. Poor Guy.

Anyway, our theater seemed to enjoy the movie. When the movie opened our audience began clapping... when the credits (at the end) started... our audience again clapped.

Special effects were terrific and the plot was worth following. I enjoyed the movie very much.

No comments: