5.23.2005

7 practices



I've started to read Andy Stanley's book (with Reggie Joyner and Lane Jones) called "7 Practices of Effective Ministry". What I love about this book so far is the simplicity with which it's written. The first half (which I finished very quickly) is a story of how a young (mid-30's) Pastor learns of these 7 practices. It's an interesting story with an attractive narrative that most any young Pastor would love to be a part of.

I enjoy reading but I really enjoy reading when the text is concise and make sense. Books don't have to give you a headache to be "deep" (whatever that means). Reading (and enjoying) this book reminds me as a Pastor to work on presenting messages in the same manner.

Get the book: 7 practices book

Okay, I'm out now. Going to watch the end of '24'.

No comments: