2.18.2003

Matthew 18:1-4
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, 3 and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Bloggable Moment:
A 5 year old boy spoke a sermon to me in about 15 seconds.

Brian's mom and sister just stopped by our office to use some equipment. Our secretary is out of the office today so I came from my desk and greeted them and began talking to the children as mom got access to the things she needed. Brian had a book of clues and I peeked over his shoulder and searched the puzzle for the 'alien' to be found. Then a minute later he saw our name-tags pre-printed on a table and searched for his name. I pointed out his tag he will wear next week. Being the important youth guy that I am, I left Brian and family and came back to my desk and began working on my message (i'm about half way through). I hear "goodbye" as the door closes. About 30 seconds later I hear the door open and running footsteps. As I look up, I see little Brian with a shy look on his face. I smile and Brian runs up and jumps on my neck with a hug and says "Thank You". I'm thinking "For What?" But I smile and said "see ya later man".

Brian spoke a message to me today. He reminded me of my priorities and of my God. He reminded me that I am to come to God with the same level of grattitude and appreciation over the little things and not just when I get a sucker or an icecream or a pasaphire in my mouth. As a Christ-Follower, I'm excited to know that God can use a 5 year old boy as well or better than any preacher, website, conference, band or book to draw me near to Him!

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children..."

No comments: